Friday, February 6, 2009

What a day

So it has only been Day 1, right. Well I guess Mayo knows how to move and shake.

This afternoon is all about progress. I had two doctors visits, some testing, and repeated a fasting study to hit a really low glucose reading. They already started getting blood work back in after an hour or two. Called me by the time I made it back to my hotel room with great news.

The blood tests do indicate I have an insulin problem. They are still waiting for results from a few time points but it looks like insulin. Which it's good to pinpoint a cause. I thought that would be it but they had a lot more to tell me. After reviewing my scans from back in Nov at school, they did see a mass on my pancreas (FINALLY)!! It is small but based on their trained eye they think this could be the culprit. I am overjoyed to find that rascal.

They will likely call back over the weekend or give me the rest of test results on Monday. But I am already scheduled to meet with a few doctors and a CAT scanner on Monday to talk about this mass and what to do next.

Isn't that amazing. Only 24 hours later and progress!

6 comments:

  1. Best news ever! Just to have someone find SOMETHING...ANYTHING is the best news ever. It is like you are finally making progress. I'm so happy! We are going to nip this thing in the bud. SOON. Yay! I'm so happy that things are moving so quickly out there. You are one strong lady!

    loves,
    lani

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that they might finally know what's going on! I hope it ends up being something they can take care of quick and easy! Ohhh hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. horray! horray! (HUGE sigh of relief!) thank god for expertly trained eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantastic news! I have been thinking about you all weekend. I am so glad that they figured some shiz out.
    Hope you are enjoying Rochester to the fullest...I'm not sure what all that entails but I feel like moose should be involved.
    Emma, have you gotten desensitized to needles yet? :)
    Sending all my love to MN to you girls-
    V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgette, I am so glad things are moving along so quickly! What a relief to be making some progress. Great big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete