Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 1: meet the doctors

We had an early start- first appointment was at 7:15a! Travis picked us up from the hotel and brought us to the Mayo Building- he's awesome! The doctor was VERY thorough. He asked all sorts of questions and took notes on everything I said. He even started a excel spreadsheet with all my glucose readings from my medical records! I was impressed.

He did suggest something that I found very humorous. He asked whether someone could be poisoning me.... everyone is a suspect!

The tests have started, along with tons of needle sticks. The nurses are great and have very cute MN accents, doncha know! I am starting off by re-doing the fasting test to confirm the numbers... I haven't eaten in 13 hours and I am craving everything. Anyone got a kit kat? Mmmmm... looking forward to some take-out. :)

2 comments:

  1. Gimme a break! Gimme me a break!! Break me off a piece of that KIT KAT BAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you haven't been drinking any blue water!

    ReplyDelete