Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Almost ready

It has been a good few days. Filled with travel adventures and great eating.

It started on saturday with E and I traveling to Minneapolis St. Paul (Twin cities) to do some exploring. We had some delicious thai food, admired some amazing architecture at the Guthrie Theater, and checked out a brew pub, where we had Elk for the first time. The elk was delicious, amazing. I might crave it when I get back to SF. It was great to get out of Rochester finally!

Sunday I did something that I wouldn't do normally. I ate KFC. I haven't eaten it in like 5 years but I wanted to get some greasy fried chicken in before my gallbladder is out. Otherwise, I have been decompressing and getting mentally prepared for the big day now in a hotel.

As a nice surprise before my family arrived, my new friends, Travis, his brother, and girlfriend cooked dinner and invited me over. It was delicious. Who new Captain Crunch chicken would be soo good. Even better than the KFC, I have to say.

The countdown begins...In 16 hours I will be in the hospital. And in a day everything should be over. Hurray!!! Yippy!!
I will keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck today Georgette. We are all thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete