Last night we checked out the local watering hole, Rookies. It was interesting. E and I were one of four women in the place and we were the youngest by about 10 yrs. We were also the only people not involved in the poker or pool tournaments. We did manage to see a lot of middle-aged men with beer bellies and crazy moustaches, though.
After a late start this morning, E and I headed out for brunch. Need to keep that blood sugar up! We went to a little diner called Pannekoeken, which is a Dutch place that serves among other items, pannekoeken. It is kind of like a pancake. The best part is when they bring the pannekoeken to your table, they run from the kitchen, through the restaurant singing "pannekoeken, pannekoeken... pannekoeken, pannekoen" until they get to your table. It was amazing and embarrassing all at the same time, but E and I definitely had to order one to get the full Rochester experience.
I managed to talk to a surgeon at UCSF today about the possibility of getting the tumor removed in San Francisco. He was really great and gave me a lot of useful information, but the earliest I could be seen there is June! So, that made the decision of where to have the surgery all the easier. I am scheduled for the 18th here at Mayo. Can't wait to get this bad boy out!
I also met with my Mayo surgeon today to discuss the specifics of the surgery. Things are always changing here and today was no exception. Turns out, not only am I going to get the tumor out, but my gall bladder as well. I guess they see something strange there so better to remove it! It sounds like there won't be too long of a recovery and I hope to be back in SF, tumor and gall-bladder free, by February 23rd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow...I guess while they are all up in your junk they are just going to remove another organ! Crazy! It is good though if they see anything funky, get that shite out!! I'm really happy that you are getting the surgery at Mayo and NEXT WEEK. That is really good news. Actually GREAT news. I'm so happy that they found that elusive little beast!!
ReplyDeleteLoves!
Lani
Sorry I didn't post before, but for some reason I wasn't aware of this site!!! I know, crazy. I'm glad everything is going great and it isn't too cold. Love the story about the bar...beer bellies....sexy!!!
ReplyDeletelove you both
mon
That's great! I'm sure the sooner the better for you to put an end to all this internal organ craziness. It's awesome they found it, that it's not your whole pancreas, and it's easy to get to also! While they're in there, just take the appendix out too; don't they run those remove 2, get the next one free specials at the Mayo?
ReplyDeletehow about the tonsils too? is this a new weight loss plan?
ReplyDeleteI'm so so glad they seem to have figured this all out (and so quickly too!). I can't wait until you are safely out of surgery and safely home and back to normal!!! I won't have internet access after the 15th but know that I will be thinking of you, sending you and your doctors good good thoughts and wishing you well!
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, Georgette! I'm so glad there has been so much progress! I know you're in great hands. Can't wait til you're back! Miss you much!
ReplyDeleteAlways,
Koy