Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 5: Exciting news

We had an early start to the day. I went in for the endoscopic ultrasound. The nurses were very nice as usual, a little slow but nice. One of the doctors who helped perform the procedure was from Davis which was cool. They made the procedure very smooth and easy. When the sedative wore off, I then caught up with E.

She had great news. The ultrasound went great; the doctors found a tumor. It is in a region of the pancreas that is easy to reach so likely only a minimally invasive procedure will be needed to remove it. I am so excited. I would be dancing around and singing Tina Turner's (I'm so excited, I just can't hide it...) but I am still partly groggie from the sedative so I will stay seated for now.

I talk with the doctors again tomorrow. Meanwhile....I might hit the pillow and get back to sleep.

11 comments:

  1. Georgette, I so happy to hear that you got some definitive news. I hope you have been working on your Min accent.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, I'm so glad to hear they've definitely found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i am so glad that this is looking like an answer for you.

    -- cat
    ps - sorry my cousin might not get to meet you after all -- i found out this weekend that he is actually here in SF accompanying his mother on a visit to see the rest of the fam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relief! Have a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I want food cooked on a rock plate. Maybe I can make one with a rock and a torch..

    Yay! I am so happy to hear the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah!!! since you couldn't dance around, I did, just like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-DcNPFWhbk

    I even put on some bad 80's clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray!! Gooooo Mayo!!

    I'm so happy that I will get up and dance around lab FOR you!

    Loves!
    lani

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lani and I are actually dancing together, right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i don't think i've ever been so excited about a tumor....

    ReplyDelete