Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 4: Drama

Monday was filled with drama. After another blood test and a meeting with the doctor, I felt like we had found the tumor and was feeling better about the situation. But the afternoon flipped upside down. The surgeon was unconvinced by the low-resolution CT scan and wanted more tests to find the tumor. What was originally seen wasn't definitive. I was pretty bummed because if they didn't find the tumor then I likely had a problem with all of my islet cells in the pancreas. However, I was glad they weren't rushing to cut me open without being sure.

After these bad news, we went and had a nice dinner. Travis joined us and helped explain some of the medical techniques and upcoming tests which was very helpful. The food was delicious and I cooked my own meat on a 650degree rock plate in front of me. Good times. All in all the day was a rollercoaster but at least it ended well.

No comments:

Post a Comment