Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Back home and Recovering well

Now that I am back in SF, I am settled and recovering well. I am amazed but I am off of my pain medications already. It hasn't even been two weeks. The stitches look okay. May be a while before they dissolve so we will see. I just started back at work, taking it slowly. But I am happy to be here again and have energy to move around. I am truly blessed to have gone to Mayo.

In San Francisco, having gone to brunch and dinners with friends, I realize I really did take the bright side of things in Minnesota. Putting things in perspective, SF food is fantastic, Rochester food is tasty (most of the time). I am glad that I sampled some things that I could only get in the midwest, so fresh and delicious, like the Elk and Bison sausage.

Now that I am back to my healthy budget eating, life is a little different. Every time I make a sandwich, I add a little Mayo and remember my blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha...I *love* the last line. You are hilarious! I am going to try and say hi later this week. I'm *so* happy that everything has worked out so well and that we have our Georgette back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome welcome home! I'm so happy that everything has gone so well. About time too! Big hugs! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete